Johnson & Towers And Western Branch Diesel Merge

Indel Power Group LLC is the name of the new corporate entity as Johnson & Towers, Inc., Baltimore, Md.  and Western Branch Diesel, Inc., Portsmouth, Va. have announced the merging of their respective organizations.

Johnson & Towers LLC and Western Branch Diesel LLC, along with Johnson Truck Center LLC and Dovell & Williams LLC, will all fall under the newly created entity. The companies will continue to go to market with their existing brands.

Both Johnson & Towers and Western Branch Diesel are long-time engine and power systems distributors with 165 years of combined experience as distributors for Detroit Diesel and MTU engines and Allison transmissions. Additionally, both companies are in the standby power generation business and are Power Centers for Volvo Penta marine diesel products.  

Johnson Truck Center in Landover, Md. and Manassas, Va. is a truck dealer for Freightliner, Western Star and Autocar. Dovell & Williams is an Isuzu truck dealer in Glen Burnie and Frederick, Maryland. Both are also Mitsubishi Fuso truck dealers.  

“This merger brings together two very strong and successful family organizations sharing the same foundation in the diesel engine business,” said David Johnson, CEO of Johnson & Towers. “It gives us an East Coast marine footprint from New York to South Carolina for MTU and/or Volvo Penta, as well as a seven-state, 19-location network to leverage and grow our on-highway brands and fleet management business. Additionally, our MTU power generation business will offer a nine-state network to service standby power generation customers.”  

“This creates a very exciting opportunity for both companies as well as our employees and customers,” said Herb Haneman Jr., CEO of Western Branch Diesel. “Our companies have known each other for many years and hold similar values and philosophies.”  

Johnson & Towers was established in 1926 by Walter F. Johnson, Sr. and his partner Joseph A. Towers in Philadelphia. It has continued within the Johnson family for four generations. Johnson & Towers, along with Johnson Truck Center and Dovell & Williams, span seven locations across southern New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, Washington D.C. and northern Virginia.  

Western Branch Diesel was founded in 1946 by Herbert Haneman, Sr. as a marine service facility at the mouth of the Western Branch of the Elizabeth River in Portsmouth. The company maintains 12 branches located throughout Virginia, West Virginia, Ohio, Kentucky, North Carolina, and South Carolina

Related Articles

NFPA’s Numbers Show No Turn Yet
HED Expands Telematics 4G LTE To Europe, Australia
Liebherr Employs Carbon Fibre Reinforced Plastic
Lithium-Ion Anti-Idling Partnership
NFPA: Shipments Continue Downwards Slide
Expansion for Renewable Natural Gas
Truck Stop Sales: Diesel Up, Gas Down
Hall of Fame Nominations Open

Latest News

ASV, Loftness Partner On Mulching Head
ExxonMobil and INNIO Sign Lubricant Link-Up
Isolated DC/DC converters
Rajant Names Lederman VP of Artificial Intelligence
NFPA’s Numbers Show No Turn Yet
Agility Launches Improved ProRail CNG Fuel Systems
Hydraulic Tanks And Coolers
Bucher’s New Hydraulic Pumps, Motors
Kawasaki Hydraulics’ New Excavator System

Magazine Issue Archive

Diesel Progress International May-June 2020
Diesel Progress – May 2020
Diesel Progress – April 2020
Diesel Progress International March-April 2020
Diesel Progress – March 2020
Diesel Progress – February 2020
Diesel Progress International January – February 2020
Diesel Progress – January 2020
Diesel Progress – December 2019
Diesel Progress International November-December 2019

Login

Forgotten Password?

Haven’t got an account? Click here to register.