The Diesel Progress Summit will be held in Louisville Sept. 30, 2019, the day before the ICUEE show.
Diesel Progress Awards: judging panel announced
The four judges for the inaugural Diesel Progress Awards have been confirmed. The four have multiple decades of experience in the off-highway engine and powertrain business, and are:
· Jim Saunders (Business Development, MurCal, Inc.)
· Peter Scherm (General Manager, EUROMOT – the European Association of Internal Combustion Engine Manufacturers)
· Dr. Andrew Noble (Head of Commercial Vehicle and Off Highway Market Sector, Ricardo)
· Dr. John Wall (former VP and CTO, Cummins Inc.)
· Non-voting chair: Mike Osenga (Editor/Publisher, Diesel Progress)
The awards are part of the first Diesel Progress Summit (see below), a combined conference and awards dinner to be held September 30 in Louisville, Kentucky, the day before the ICUEE exhibition. The event is organised by Diesel Progress magazine and KHL Group.
The judges will assess entries submitted for eight award categories, with companies worldwide invited to submit entries for the following categories:
· Diesel engine of the year (<175 hp)
· Diesel engine of the year (>175 hp)
· Engine distributor of the year (<175 hp)
· Engine distributor of the year (>175 hp)
· Electrification newsmaker of the year
· Electric power application of the year
· Employer of the year
· Diesel Progress achievement of the year
The awards entry deadline is Monday 3 June, 2019.
In addition to submitting entries for their own activities, companies and individuals can submit on behalf of other companies or individuals. Details of how to enter, the downloadable entry forms, and the judging criteria, can all be found at www.dieselprogresssummit.com/awards.html
Seven speakers have already been confirmed for the conference, including keynote contributors Jennifer Rumsey, Vice President and Chief Technical Officer, Cummins, and Ramin Younessi, Group President – Construction Industries, Caterpillar.
Diesel Progress and KHL Group are launching the inaugural Diesel Progress Summit, a combined conference and awards dinner on September 30, 2019, the day before the ICUEE show.
The Summit – co-located with ICUEE and supported by show organizer AEM – will be a dedicated event for the engine and powertrain industry. The conference will focus on the future of diesel power, as well as the development of electric and hybrid power systems for off- and on-highway vehicles. The awards dinner that evening will highlight innovation and showcase excellence in the engine and engine-powered equipment industry.
Mike Osenga, Publisher/Editor of Diesel Progress and NewPowerProgress magazines, said, “the engine and powertrain industry has long needed its own event. Now is the time, as there has never been a greater need for clarity and high-quality information on the development of power systems.
“The Summit will feature top industry speakers addressing essential topics for OEMs, component suppliers, rental companies and operators. Holding the event the day before ICUEE, means that delegates will be able to combine a visit to the Summit with attendance at one of the major off-highway equipment shows in North America.”